If you have any questions, please contact us via our contact page.
WHERE ARE YOU COLLECTING MY PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM?
We are collecting personal data each time you deal directly with us. The means we will collect data from you when you:
- Join our e-newsletter subscriber list
- Make a donation to our charity, directly via our website or through monthly direct debits or standing orders
- Request flyers or promotional material from us
- Buy one of our resources
- Follow, Like, or interact with us via social media (E.g. on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram).
- Fill out a contact form on our website
- Contact us email to make an inquiry (E.g. to book one of our speakers)
- Visit our websites (we collect general statistics for things like ‘how many people visited our site’, and not on the individuals who visit).
- Come to one of our events and/or book onto one of our events directly, via our website, or with a third party platform we have an account with (E.g. Event Espresso)
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME ARE YOU COLLECTING?
We collect the data you give to us directly. This means that when you provide it, we will collect:
- Name, email, address, and contact Number
- Credit card and/or debit card and/or bank details
- Church and organisation you are associated with
- What communication we have had with you
- Your donation history
- Which events you have booked onto/enquired about
- Social media communications, interactions, and handles. (Stored on the social media platforms)
- Individual needs (e.g. dietary or mobility needs which relevant to an event you have chosen to attend)
WHY ARE YOU COLLECTING MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect your personal data so we can fulfill the promises we make to you, and fulfill the agreements we have with you. This means we collect your data so we can:
- Process your donations and fund the work you want to support.
- Comply with legal requirements
- Raise funds for the work we do.
- Confirm the sale of any resources you buy, tickets you purchase for our events, or places you book for our online courses.
- Send you any books or resources you have ordered.
- Follow up on interest or information you requested related to our work.
- Market and promote the work we do and resources we produce.
- Communicate with you and keep you updated with our news and work (E.g. via our e-newsletter)
- Connect via emails, letters (only if relating to an event you have already booked onto, or have requested promotional material for), social media.
- Efficiently communicate individual needs (e.g. dietary requirements to the hotel if booking a weekend away)
HOW DO YOU STORE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We store all the data we collect in safe and secure places. This means we store it on:
- Our email accounts
- Online platforms we use to deliver the services you sign used up for (E.G. using MailChimp to send emails to supporters)
- Paper/hard copies, just for the duration of any event you have booked onto (e.g. weekend away or training day). These paper copies are not stored for any longer than a month after each event and are stored safely when in use, then disposed of securely.
- On work computers, laptops, hard drives, and other technological equipment. After each event you attend, your first name, last name and email address are transferred to our e-newsletter subscriber list on MailChimp. You can unsubscribe from this at any time.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Your personal data is only accessed by staff members within our organisation who need it to carry out the tasks mentioned above. All staff members adhere to a very strict confidentiality agreement, and will not use this data in other contexts or pass on your information. The exceptions to this are:
- When we pass on your name (and any requirements you have shared with us) to the conference organizer at hotel in which our weekend away is held.
- When our accounts are audited your name and account details will be seen by our auditor.
- When our website designer needs to assist us in setting up or responding to booking systems on our website.
They will also need to sign confidentiality agreements or will have their own strict GDPR policy in place. They must also agree to not share your data with anyone else/other organisations. They will only be given access to data relevant to carrying out the necessary task, and not keep any information after our association ends. (E.g. the auditor will only have access to donation history while they check our accounts, to make sure we adhere to financial laws and regulations.)
DO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO NOT GIVE YOU WITH MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Yes, you are not required to give us any of your personal data. However, in some instances, holding back information can stop us from providing you with a service. (E.g. we will not be able to take a donation from you if you do not provide your payment details; we will not be able to book you onto an event if you do not provide sufficient details for us to contact you about the event or take payment for the event).
DO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO SEE THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE ABOUT ME?
Yes, it’s your right to see a copy of the data we have about you. If you want to receive this information, please send a written letter to our address, found on our contact page. With your address, email, and contact number so we can respond to the request. We aim to respond with the required information within 30 days.
DO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK YOU TO CHANGE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Yes, you can tell us of any changes you think we need to make (e.g, change of address or email address) You can also ask us to not use your data in a certain way and/or withdraw consent (e.g. to not use your email address anymore). If you would like us to change your data, please send us an email, see our contact page for our email address, with the title ‘Data Details’, and explain what you would like altered. We aim to respond within 30 days. Alternatively, click ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any e-newsletter you receive from us.
|DO YOU EVER PASS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION ON?|
We take your personal data very seriously and realise how annoying it is getting cold calls from organisations you never gave your details to. For this reason, we will never sell, rent, or trade your personal data. All the data you give to us will be kept within our organisational structures. (E.g. on our own database).
There are only two exceptions to this rule:
1) If we work with third-party companies to help run our events (e.g. a hotel or conference centre). These organisations must also agree to not share any data they gain from us about you with anyone else. Furthermore, if they do need to take your data outside of our organisational structures (E.g. use their own laptops to fulfil their service) they must agree to delete it after their service with us has come to an end, and must agree to not pass this data on or use it in any way that is unrelated to the service they are providing for us.
2) We may be forced to disclose your data if we are required to by the police, by law, or to enforce our legal rights.
HOW LONG DO YOU HOLD MY INFORMATION FOR?
We will hold your data indefinitely if you are interacting with us and our organisation. (E.g. if you are responding to the emails we send or donating to the charity) If your interaction ends, we will hold your information if laws require us to (E.g. HMRC requires organisation to hold financial information from donors for a set period of time). If your interaction ends and there is no law stating we will need to keep your personal information, we will delete your data after three years, and we will check our data once a year to see if anyone’s information needs deleting.
|DO YOU KEEP MY DATA SECURE?|
We make sure that the hard copies, and digital copies, of all the data we collect is protected and only seen and used by the appropriate people.
For more information about your rights, visit the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
This policy was published on May 16th 2018. We reserve the right to update this policy, and we will review it at least once every two years to make any necessary changes. We will let you know of any changes via email if you have given your address to us.