How about baking some delicious Easter treats that look fantastic! Let us know how you get on…
100g Butter, softened
150g Caster Sugar
1 Egg, beaten
1 tsp Ground Mixed Spice
200g Plain Flour
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ bag Clear Fruit Sweets, broken
1 tub Sprinkles, to decorate
1 pack Writing Icing, to decorate
1. Beat the butter and sugar together. Add the egg a little at a time, mixing well.
2. Sift together the mixed spice, flour and baking powder, then add to the mixture, stirring until it forms a soft dough.
3. Chill until firm (about 30 minutes). Preheat oven to 170°c/Gas Mark 3.
4. On a well-floured surface roll the dough out to about the thickness of a pound coin. Cut out the cookies.
5. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Stamp out shapes and fill with clear sweets. Cook for 12-15 minutes until the sweets are melted.
6. Remove the tray from the oven and let cool for 3-4 minutes before placing the biscuits on a wire rack. When fully cooled decorate as desired.
Total time required 35 mins
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Recipe from ocadolife